Recipes Mocha souffles
Recipes Mocha souffles
Recipes Mocha souffles Get the chocolate and caffeine fix all within this winter warming souffle dessert. Mocha souffles
- Dissolved butter, in order to grease
- Caster sugar, to dust
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tea spoon instant espresso granules
- 50g butter
- 35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 150g dark cooking chocolates, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, separated
- Double cream (optional), to serve
- 100g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 190�C. Place a baking tray in the oven. Grease four 375ml (1/2-cup) capacity ovenproof souffle dishes with melted butter. Lightly dust with sugar. Combine the hot water and coffee in a jug.
- Step 2
Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Cook the cornflour and 3 tablespoons of sugar, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the mixture begins to come away from the side of the pan. Remove from heat. Gradually add half the milk, whisking with a balloon whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in remaining milk until combined. Place pan over medium heat. Whisk for 3-4 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Whisk in the coffee mixture. Remove from heat. Whisk in chocolate until melted and combined.
- Step 3 Add the egg yolks and stir until well combined. Transfer the chocolate mixture to a large bowl.
- Step 4
Use an electrical beater to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Add the leftover sugar and beat until firm peaks form.
- Step 5
Add one-third of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture. Use a large metal spoon to fold until just combined. Repeat, in two more batches, with the remaining egg white mixture. Spoon the souffl� mixture into prepared souffl� dishes. Run your finger around the inside rim of each dish to remove any mixture.
- Step 6 Place souffle dishes on preheated baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and just set.
- Step 7
Meanwhile, to make the mocha sauce, place the chocolates, cream and coffee in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is easy.
- Step 8
Serve souffles with mocha sauce and double cream, if desired.