Recipes Mintie meringue pie
Recipes Mintie meringue pie
Recipes Mintie meringue pie Get mintie with this creative use of an old-school classic sweet! Mintie meringue pie
- 350g white dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 20 (about 120g) Allen’s Minties
- 250ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 3 eggs, separated
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 2 tablespoons cr�me de menthe
- Green food colouring, to shade
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 225g (1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons genuine icing sugars, sifted
- 150g unsalted butter, chilled, cut
- 1 egg cell yolk
- Step 1 For the pastry, process flour, icing sugar and butter in a meals processor until combination resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add yolk. Process until dough just starts to come together. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic material wrap. Place in fridge for 1�hour to rest.
- Step 2
Roll away pastry on a lightly floured piece of baking paper to a 4mm-thick disc. Collection a 3. 5cm-deep, 23. 5cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base with pastry. Trim excess. Place in fridge for 1 hour to rest.
- Stage 3
Preheat oven to 180�C/160�C lover forced. Line pastry with baking papers and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 14 minutes, in that case remove pastry weights or rice and paper and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until cooked via and crisp. Set aside to awesome.
- Step 4 At the same time, place chocolate inside a heatproof bowl. Combine Minties and cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5-6�minutes or until melted. Pour over chocolate. Stand regarding 2�minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Step 5
Place gelatine in a bowl. Cover with chilly water. Stand regarding 5 minutes. Squeeze excess moisture from gelatine. Place yolks and 1 tbs water in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (don�t let bowl touch water). Cook, whisking constantly, for 4�minutes or until thick and a ribbon path forms when whisk is lifted. Whisk in gelatine until dissolved. Remove from warmth. Slowly increase chocolate mixture, whisking constantly, until clean and combined. Whisk in liqueur and tint with food colouring. Strain via a sieve right into a bowl. Cool for 3 minutes. Pour over pastry. Place in fridge for 6 hours or until firm.
- Step 6
Stir sugar, half the extract and remaining water inside a saucepan over low heat, brushing down side of pan with a wet pastry brush, until sugar dissolves. Increase warmth to mediumhigh. Cook, without stirring, regarding 3-5 minutes or until syrup reaches 115�C (soft ball stage) on a sugar thermometer. While syrup continues to cook, use electric beaters to whisk egg whites and cream of tartar inside a bowl until soft peaks form. When syrup reaches 120�C (hard golf ball stage), with beaters on lower, slowly add syrup and remaining draw out to egg white mixture. Increase acceleration in order to medium-high and whisk for 6 a few minutes or until thick, glossy plus great.
- Phase 7
Spread meringue over pie plus use the particular back of a tea spoon to create huge swirls. Use the cook�s blowtorch in order to caramelise meringue.